Thursday, May 15, 2014

Done In A Day: Easy Spice Shelf




I enjoy cooking and have accumulated an entire cabinet of spices - some used often, some purchased for one recipe that I've promised myself to make again someday.  I was recently digging through the stacks of spices crammed haphazardly into the cabinet when one jar came tumbling down and shattered.  "That's it," I muttered, and headed for my workshop in search of a better alternative.  I found some 3/4" scrap shelf board,  2.5" wide, then measured my inside cabinet dimension.



 I cut three 12" long sections to serve as the spice shelves, then cut two sections of 3" for legs to elevate the shelves.  I also cut two sections of  5" and 7" for legs, in order to stagger the height of the shelves and maximize space.







I secured the leg boards to the shelf board with wood screws.











After completing all three shelves, I placed them in the cabinet, tallest in the back, shortest in the front, and organized all my spices on the shelves.  Space underneath the shelves allows for the seldom used spices.  I love my organized spice cabinet, and cooking is enjoyable again!







No comments:

Post a Comment